Standards of Care
What it takes to provide excellence in physical therapy may surprise you...
3 CRITICAL STANDARDS TO DEMAND FROM YOUR PT PROVIDER
Many people don’t realize they can choose where to get their physical therapy. Choosing a physical therapy provider that sets high standards of performance can make the difference between the fastest possible recovery and a disappointing or frustrating experience. Industry standards of care for physical therapy simply meet the minimum acceptable criteria for quality of treatment and conduct, but Avantgarde Rehabilitation is about more than maintaining minimum standards. That’s why we have developed our own Standards Of Care & Performance. We hope our Standards of Care & Performance help you understand important considerations when choosing your care.
1. ADVANCED TRAINING, AND SELECT CERTIFICATIONS
All licensed physical therapists meet the requirements of the state licensing board. Some physical therapists get additional training and certifications for techniques proven to be uniquely effective for treating certain conditions. These advanced skills offer patients a variety of treatment options for their condition. Avantgarde Rehabilitation therapists are required to have advanced training in select specialties chosen by our clinical director for their effectiveness when treating certain conditions.
- Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization and Deep Tissue Massage – Soft tissue mobilization techniques proven to reduce or eliminate pain and improve mobility.
- Lumbar Core Stabilization – Enhances natural postural mechanisms to correct mechanical dysfunction, promoting long-term spine health beyond the initial rehabilitation.
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment – a comprehensive assessment used to detect the improper patterns of movement and select the most useful therapeutic interventions.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist – demonstrates expertise in the selection and performance of exercises for rehabilitation and sports performance /fitness.
2. RESULTS DRIVEN, NOT COST DRIVEN
Avantgarde Rehabilitation provides care best suited to patients, not insurance companies. Many PT providers set up their practice to minimize costs in response to the continued pressure from insurance companies. One of the most common industry-wide reactions to this pressure is to reduce the time with the physical therapist and increase the number of patients per hour. This can greatly impact the quality of care and the patient experience.
- At Avantgarde Rehabilitation patients will work with our skilled, licensed practitioners on EVERY visit.
- Avantgarde Rehabilitation provides your plan of care based on our professional judgment and best-practices, not insurance company endorsed “cookie-cutter” protocol.
3. PATIENT AND PHYSICIAN SATISFACTION WITH THE EXPERIENCE AS WELL AS THE OUTCOME (SAYING THIS ISN’T ENOUGH. IS IT ACTUALLY DOCUMENTED?)
Many institutions face challenges that impact the patient experience and create that “Why can’t they treat me more like a person than a number” and “I can’t wait to get out of here” feeling. That is a reflection of a low standard for “customer service.” Our standard is to provide an experience that is as satisfying and enjoyable as possible. To do that we’ve addressed some of the most common service complaints and frustrations reported at many facilities including long wait times, confusion with insurance and paper work, reporting, and poor customer service.
- Today, with more options than ever for patients to choose from a variety of physical therapists with diverse specialties and training, Avantgarde Rehabilitation advocates patient selection of their therapy provider. In many cases, patients can begin care or seek consultation without waiting for a referral. Choosing a therapist based on convenience and location only has become a thing of the past. However, it is our policy to collaborate with a patient’s physician about his or her care.
- Avantgarde Rehabilitation provides participating physicians with a “hot line” service to get patients in for treatment the same day or within 24 hours when indicated for pain management. Most institutions may have 2-4 week waiting periods. At Avantgarde Rehabilitation, waiting is viewed as a major inconvenience – unacceptable to you and to us. Time spent in the reception area shouldn’t exceed 5 minutes, except in rare situations. A therapist’s time is not worth more than yours.
- Free Screenings—Avantgarde Rehabilitation offers all prospective patients the opportunity to have a free screening to help them learn about our approach to their treatment before starting care. At Avantgarde Rehabilitation, waiting is viewed as a major inconvenience – unacceptable to you and to us. Time spent in the reception area shouldn’t exceed 5 minutes, except in rare situations. A therapist’s time is not worth more than yours.
- At Avantgarde Rehabilitation, we understand that the rest of your life cannot be put on hold to accommodate your treatment schedule. We offer morning, evening, and weekend appointments, and the ability to change appointment times with a phone call. We work with you.